Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2012

Simply because I want to be Jenna Marbles....

....I have decided to take a cue from her and spend some time really reflecting on the things that I am truly terrible at.

Leave me a comment on here or facebook with things you suck at! It's OK, we all suck at something. Or lots of things.

1. Running.

I have begun an endeavor with one of my roommates called "Couch to 5K" in which we are supposed to be able to run a 5K in eight weeks. That is in fact two months. I am doubtful of my capabilities. I really REALLY suck at running. Like, my intense jogging speed is the same as my walking speed. I just happen to be doing a sort of hoppy walk. Also, my ankles turn out because otherwise my knees don't go straight. And so I look like a stupid duck idiot when I run/jog/hop-walk.

But I HAVE made progress! I ran for three minutes straight! Two times! In the same day!

2. Remaining calm.

I worry about all things all the time. It's a little not funny because it's actually a disorder. But it is mostly funny. I just get stuck on the dumbest shit. Usually it's that I'm afraid I've done something to make boyfriend upset. But most of the time I have done nothing and he's not even acting any different. There is just no reason. None.

3. Being quiet.

I am a loud and boisterous person. I just am. And you either love me for it or hate me for it. There's not a lot of in between with me...like there isn't really a middle ground with people who are like, "Eh, I guess Kelly is OK." No. It is love or hate. At least in my experience.

4. Doing hair.

I'm with you on this one, Jenna. Most days it just goes up because I don't give enough of a fuck to actually do something to it. I blame my hair for not quite being curly or straight, but somewhere in between, like at an awkward crinkly/frizzy/stick out wherever it wants to stage.

5. Putting pants on.

I literally have no sense of balance. Even with underwear, where I just have to stick my foot through a hole and put it right back on the ground, which takes all of about two seconds, I will fall over. It has happened before. And I end up hitting the ground hard with my legs all tangled up in my bunchy pants and then my mom runs upstairs like, "I heard a crash! Are you ok??" and I'm just sitting on the floor in my twisty pants and feeling like a turd. So I try to lean against something now.

6. Drawing.

Ugh, it's so embarrassing. I'm AWFUL. And my parents always say, "You're not bad at drawing! You won a drawing contest!" But that contest was in Kindergarten. And my prairie dogs looked like mutant aliens. Their heads were severely misshapen. Their moms must have been taken acutane when they were pregs.

7. Sleeping like a grown up.

I sleep with stuffed animals. I stopped for about a year or so in high school because dammit, I wanted to be an adult. But then I started again when boyfriend got me my beloved giraffe Geoffrey for V-day last year. And I will always sleep with stuffed animals. Probably when I am married even. I mean, I guess it doesn't have to be an animal. It could just be a pillow.

How could you not want to cuddle with that???

I JUST WANT SOMETHING TO HUG, OK?


1 comment:

  1. How about 7 things I'm grateful for?
    1. I'm relatively healthy as far as I know.
    2. I have intelligent, attractive children...who are healthy and productive.
    3. I have a husband because there was someone willing to give him a kidney.
    4. I have many wonderful friends.
    5. My parents were wonderful guides through life, without them I'd be nothing.
    6. I love this Fall weather and the skies that are created from it!
    7. I can sew/create most anything with fabric.
    8. I love you and it's ok to sleep with your stuffed toys if it makes you happy - they don't snore :-)

    ReplyDelete