Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

OOTD Log 1: Lucky Charms are a LIE

I began the day today by spilling my lucky charms all over the place. The only lucky thing about that event is that the bowl did not yet have milk in it. Somehow, as I was closing the box, it grew malicious leprechaun claws and knocked the bowl over, spilling cereal all over my dresser (the makeshift kitchen counter in my dorm room) and the floor. This was a problem because a: I wanted to eat them, and b: I only had five minutes before I had to leave for class. So I got everything off the floor, filled the bowl with milk while keeping a careful eye on the carton to be sure that it did not grow malicious lactose hands, and ate what was left in the bowl.

Apparently my room becomes a sauna during my morning classes because when I returned and tried to clean up the mess on the dresser, the marshmallows had become a sticky, melty mess of badness that kept sticking to my hands instead of going into the trash can like it was supposed to. 

At this point, my roommate said, "It's just going to be one of those days, isn't it?" And I said, "NOPE. I'ma be fine." 

My vision clouded by these optimistic thoughts, I was completely unprepared for the printer dilemma that soon ensued. I had gotten a new ink cartridge, and my printer said, "Hey you should align this so your stuff doesn't print out crappy," and I said, "Ugh, fine." And so I did what the printer told me to, and it repaid me with pain and suffering. Ungrateful little fart. When I went to print off what I actually needed, I put in the three pages that it had neglected to print when I ran out of ink yesterday, and it started printing from the last page. But, alas, I needed the first three pages, so I clicked "Pause." And then I went to print the first three pages....and it didn't print. I tried like four more times before thinking, "Oh hey, one time when my printer was being all jank, my boyfriend fixed it by noticing that it was sending to the wrong printer." So I switched to send to D1600, even though it clearly says J3000 on my printer. And I tried a few more times and that didn't work so I switched it back to J3000 and restarted my computer. Then I restarted my printer. Then I decided to try printing from Safari instead of Chrome to see what that would do. And ONLY THEN did a box pop up that said, "You paused the printer. Would you like it to resume printing?" And I thought, "This is a joke. There is no effing way it was that easy." But it was, because then out popped the little printer icon with seven printing jobs. Seriously Google Chrome? How am I supposed to unpause the dang printer if you don't give me the option?

Also, I accidentally went to the third floor instead of the second on the elevator after doing my laundry, and therefore walked into the wrong room. Again. That girl is going to start recognizing me soon. She's gonna see me around campus and be all, "That's the freak that keeps walking into my room." Cool.

*Sigh.* It's just been one of those days...

No comments:

Post a Comment