Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mosquitos and other things

I must update you all. It has been many days since my last blog (actually just 4) and much has happened. So! I tell you!

Firstly, suitemate made a new friend. His name is Gerald, and he is the dead mosquito hawk that has been squashed on the back of our bathroom door for pretty much the entire semester. They seem to have a lot in common. Or at least, the conversation is stimulating. Every time suitemate goes in there, she has something new to say to Gerald. For instance: "My, Gerald! You look lovely today. I love that shirt on you!" or, "You'll never leave me, will you Gerald?" or just a simple, "Hello Gerald!!" It's entertaining. 

Moving on!

I bought boyfriend Van Halen tickets for his birthday and the concert was Thursday. Because I am a poor college student and Van Halen is absurdly popular, I had to buy really shitty tickets because they were the only ones that cost less that 40 bucks per ticket. And floor tickets were 3,000 dollars. That is not a joke. So we were in the nosebleed section in the very top (section 408), three rows from the back wall of the stadium. Here is the view from our seats:


So we're sitting up there in section 408, and the usher lady in our section starts waving at us to come down. And we look at her like, "Us?" And she yelled something indecipherable to our far away ears and nodded, so we went down. And she was all, "You all need to go see this lady right over here," and she pointed to another usher in the next section. So we went over there and she goes, "Y'all are in trouble." My first thought was, "She's kidding. We have done nothing," and then my second thought was, "SHIT. What did we do???" But then she smiled and it turns out she was kidding. So she says, "How many are in your party?" and we said two and she says, "Ok we're gonna move you down there to the club section," and she points to seats that were three levels below us and almost right across from the stage. So we were like, "You're shitting us, right? Like this can't be real." Oh, but it was. So we got to be VIPs and go into the club section and it had a plush blue carpet and a private bar and bathrooms and our view improved immensely. Here is the view from section 107:


Great Scott. We don't know why this happened, but everyone that was sitting in the upper tiers that got there at 7 was moved down there. I'm cool with it. Such a good concert. Please enjoy these quotes from David Lee Roth:

"That was some Indian shit!" (after he made the little "ah-ah-ah-ah" sound you get when you hit your hand against your mouth)

"I forget the words every fucking night!! It's OK, it's OK. I was there when they wrote the song. I know the way! Follow me to the chorus!!"(after he indeed forgot the words to whatever song they were playing)

Also I cut my hair off. A foot of my hair, actually. Good. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment