Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Really inconvenient muscles to pull

Do you ever have those days where you go to move some part of your body, and then some random part of that part of your body that you moved hurts? And it's not like one of those muscles that people pull pretty regularly. It's just some freak muscle that apparently overworked itself even though you didn't even know it was there.....

Am I alone in this?

Pulling your gill-ionemus. 
I pull this muscle pretty frequently. It is the muscle I use to make myself look like I have gills, like this: 


I enjoy making this face because it is really pretty impressive how far I can spread my neck out. And people laugh and I keep doing it and then I go to move my head the next morning and want to die.

Pulling your web-cep.
How, HOW, are there muscles between your fingers? I don't know how I pull that little webbing between my thumb and forefinger, but it happens like all the time. Maybe writing too hard? Guitar? Piano? Vigorous scratching? Bad shampooing technique? Ich weiss nicht.

Pulling your elbow-toid.
You know, it's that tiiiiiny tiny muscle like in the center of your elbow. You pull it from carrying to many grocery bags or in general holding something weighted while your arm is bent. In my case, it was a beach towel, a bag with a razor and a hair brush, and a sustain pedal.

Explanation for the above: AU Capella (OH MY GOD MY BOYFRIEND IS SO FREAKING TALENTED) had a concert tonight that was supposed to be outside, and so I brought my beach towel to sit on. It ended up being moved inside, but I digress. Suitemate left a ziplock bag with her razor and hair brush in my car after her dad gave them to her when he was visiting the other day because she left them at home. And I had the sustain pedal because the one for the keyboard at the concert wasn't working, and so I (Hero) ran back to my dorm and got mine. And I was carrying all this back from the parking deck in one hand because I was texting with the other one. 

I suppose I brought this on myself then.

No comments:

Post a Comment