Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Gratitude is in order!

I have something to say.

THANK YOU.

Thank all of you.

I had no idea the amazing response I would get from my last post. I had a tidal wave of encouragement from so many friends, old and new, and even people I didn't know personally, and it was so wonderful.

Obviously, I was in a really really bad place the other night. Like, really bad. And I have received so many good ideas from people that I've written down and filed away to use when my anxiety creeps up, which inevitably it will. I also came across two books, The Four Agreements and The Flinch, which are both kind of just in general life-enhancing books but which I've found apply perfectly to my anxiety. The universe just knew, I guess. Everything happens for a reason!

But I've done a lot of thinking, and here is the new place where things stand: I think that if I left and came home that I would have a lot of trouble forgiving myself for leaving. And I would also probably feel even more pathetic and defeated than I did after my panic attack. But if I stay here, and battle it out with my anxiety, no matter how often and how intensely, I think I will get more out of it in the long run.

Easier said than done, but I'm hoping all the positivity I've received will last me.

I really really do want to stay here, because as I said before, this trip is as much about pushing myself and experiencing every feeling that I might have as it is about furthering my German.

So...I don't have much else to say, but I just wanted to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart. I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to me to have so much support and so many people to believe in me even when I don't believe in myself.

I love you all, and I will keep you updated all everything, good and bad, that happens!

2 comments:

  1. I'm ready for more of your keen observations on other humans and your surroundings! Glad you're feeling better and hope it continues. I'm getting very excited about coming over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! It is only in facing our challenges that we improve and learn to overcome our problems.

    ReplyDelete