Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

You got a sorority tattoo?!?! Travel blog 2

June 24-25

So, when we left off, I was freakin' out and whatnot. 

It continues a bit. Ach so! Like, every morning I'm waking up with that same dread and fear. Thus far it's gotten better as the day goes on, but I hope that eventually it'll just go away completely...

Boo, anxiety, BOOOO! I seriously called my mom at 1:30 a.m. her time cause I couldn't even handle it this morning. This for real needs to stop.

But ANYWAY. Good things!!

So we went to the Donau Inselfest, which is this HUUUUGE music festival on Donau Insel, an island near Vienna. And for me and my roommate here (who I will refer to henceforth as buddy, due to the buddy system we have in place) it was an hour and a half ride to get there. Like, we live in the boondocks of Vienna.

But there was this creepy death metal band there...and 1) The singer HAD to have made a pact with the devil for his voice to sound like it did, 2) Despite said pact, he was hot as helllll, and 3) He now owns more bras than I do. See photo: 

Seriously, do you see them all?? What does he do with them?

Also, there was a techno "band" which was actually just a DJ booth on a giant stage that played techno songs, and there were two dancers in front who just yelled, "EVERYBODY LET ME SEE YOU JUMP!!" in English and jumped/danced along. Weird.

Do you see them both at the front with their hands up but doing nothing else? Yeah, that was the whole show.

Also, there was one of those mechanical bulls, but for some reason unbeknownst to, um, anyone, they had placed a reindeer mask over it....So there was that.

Seriously, like what is that?

And then buddy and I left the festival at about 9 p.m. so we could get back to the house and shower and get to bed, because we had to be at the Institute at 8:30 this morning.

That is what we planned on.

However, devil-possessed death metal man must have passed on a curse to me (probably because I was taking a video of him and laughing....) because we couldn't find the entrance to the damn U-Bahn. Buddy and I were unaware that we had come out of the other side of the building when we got to the festival, and thought it was on the side directly next to the island. BECAUSE THAT MAKES SENSE. So we walked allllll the way across this like two-mile long bridge, until we found some randos who, thank jebus, were English, and they told us where the station was. And it was a billion miles away. But we got there.

And then we got to the bus stop, and I noticed it was beginning to lightning. And I knew it was supposed to rain today, but apparently, it started yesterday. Cause we got on the bus and the skies opened and rained like we'd pissed them off. And when we got off the bus, it was still pouring, and we had no choice but to walk back in it.

Dunno if you can tell how SOAKED we are, due to the lighting, but it was bad.


Lovely.

So today!

Turns out our classes are from 12-5, which is phenomenal, because I can sleeeeeep. Until ten. And then I begin my commute. But the Institute is beautiful, albeit a bus and train ride away. I am NOT going to miss public transit...

Also, for some reason pretty much all the toilets smell. I mean, in America, our public bathrooms smell, but ALL the bathrooms smell super jank here...it's like the toilets don't flush properly. Dumb. 

Ok last thing. Funniest thing in my life. I was talking to one of the guys on the trip today, who is my fave person ever cause he's so dang funny, and he was like, "Hey you have a tattoo!" And I was like, yeah it's Greek. And he asked what the letters were, and I told him. And he waits for a second and goes, "Wait a minute....did you seriously get a sorority tattoo??" And I said, "Oh, darling. Greek as in the language." Best misinterpretation ever.

Ummmm...I think that's all for now. Keep your fingers crossed for me that my anxiety stops bugging me!!

Bis spaeter meine Freunden!!


1 comment:

  1. It shall be prayers for anxiety to leave you alone! Greek! HA - love it! and love you too!

    ReplyDelete