Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2013

My life

Today I am here to update you on my life.

Here are some things that have occurred since returning to school. Which I did a week ago. Well, I came back a week ago. Obviously, we didn't have class on a Saturday. That would suck.

1. Creekside of Auburn is the devil.

I don't even believe in the devil. Great, watch me get possessed now. 
So we came back and guess what? Our Internet wasn't working. Which is madness. Because this has never happened before.
Except all last semester. Until we got a brand new router installed. And it worked for at least two days, and then at some point after I left for home for break it decided it didn't want to live anymore.
Stupid suicidal routers.
So I told Creekside to get their shit together and refund us and then let us get our own router and then deduct Internet fees from our rent.
They have not responded.

2. Creekside of Auburn is the devil.

Because all of their smoke detectors are linked.
Recently, I awoke at 5 a.m. to the sound of a smoke detector that needed changing. You know, it beeps every 15 seconds or so, obnoxiously, so that you are REALLY AWARE that you have to change the damn battery no matter what time of day.
So I went out in the hall and found the beeper and took the battery out. But it didn't stop. So I ripped it off the wall. And then another one started beeping. Like they were all brothers or something and they were like, "It's OK Jack, I don't think she heard you!! We got your back buddy! HEY BEEP! HE NEEDS CHANGING."
And so I went around ripping all of the smoke detectors off the wall, waking up my roommates in the process, until they were all down. And then the wall sockets started beeping.
I am not even kidding.
In addition, all of this occurred the night before classes started.
Seriously, is this house cursed?

3. Professors are douche bags.

I was pretty excited to take a developmental psychology class this semester. But I will not be doing that anymore.
Let me tell you why.
We had a choice in this class (of 150 students, mind you) to either:
          a. Do 30 hours of community service and write a daily journal plus a five-page paper, or
          b. Write a 15-page research paper with 15 primary sources and at least five other sources.
Listen, lady. Your class is worth three hours of credit. The minimum number of hours you can take at Auburn is 12. That means we have AT LEAST three other courses to be worrying about and studying for and reading for, etc.
Ridiculous. Class dropped.

Those are the adventures so far.

Oh, also, I shed so much that when I wash my sheets all the hair gets balled up into a little cluster-nasty which I feel on my toes and have a brief moment of sheer terror because I think it's a tarantula.

But no tarantulas so far. Knock on wood.



No comments:

Post a Comment