Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Tweaking in Class: OOTD Log

It's been one of those days.

Every Tuesday, I have an evening class at the University of Missouri St. Louis (UMSL) in the criminology department. Yay crime! UMSL, located in Florissant, MO, is about a 20 to 30-minute drive during rush hour from my apartment in Clayton. Here's a map to help you visualize.



Not a bad drive, really. So I'm driving along, listening to the album Bloom and Breathe by gates (what else is new) and I get to the I-70 interchange, where traffic is suddenly bananas.

I'll spare you the boring details about construction and the highway being closed but the basic story is that everyone on I-70 was being re-routed to Natural Bridge Road, where I had gotten off to avoid the traffic on the highway.

Except that the traffic was everywhere and there was literally no escape. There was no other way for me to turn around and get to UMSL. It was too late.

It took me 45 minutes to go 3/4 of a mile. I listened to the entirety of Bloom and Breathe, air drumming like a boss the whole time, well aware but giving no fucks about how crazy I looked.

I left my apartment at 4:50 p.m. and arrived in class more than an hour later. And to put the cherry on top of this shit-show sundae, I looked like a drug addict.

Why?

Well, I've been helping out a photographer friend by doing makeup for her photoshoots, and I was practicing a look I will be doing for a shoot this weekend. This look involves multiple shades of red eyeshadow blended out in a giant circle around my eyes. Despite my best efforts to prevent it, the red still stained the skin around my eyes in a delightfully raw, sickly halo, and so I looked like I was straight up tweaking walking into class.

Goin' up on a Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Good one. Good question whether it's better to look like you're tweaking, or to actually be twerking, but it IS better to stop twiddling and be working, even if being accused of gunning and nerding.

    ReplyDelete