Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Silver Linings

I am done with this semester. I am done! I AM DONE!! And I'm feeling pretty damn good about myself because I did well in all my classes. So today I'm going to talk about things that I am good at.

1. Making my face look absolutely, stunningly, incredibly disgusting. I'm not that girl who makes cute goofy faces like, "Oh look at me being funny, hee hee!" I look fucking GROSS, and I'm hella proud of it. Here are some examples. Gird your loins.


Looking hot at prom


A series of photos taken at formal during my undergrad in which my ugly face making was leagues above anyone else's. Just saying. 


Pretty sure this is from that same formal


Just an average dinner out

2. Drinking alcohol far too quickly. So I'm like a super impatient person (working on that...), and if I'm not feeling any effects after like 15 minutes I will get more drinks. And on and on and then suddenly WABAM, it hits me like a train. I haven't really drank just to drink in a while, so this might have improved, but I never learned my lesson in college.

3. Drinking caffeine far too quickly. I have many anxiety disorders (okay just two), so I really shouldn't drink caffeine, but I just get SO TIRED sometimes and I need a pick-me-up. But the same damn thing happens where I'll drink a cup and be like, "DAMMIT I DON'T FEEL AWAKE YET, MOAR." And so I drink moar and then I get hit with the caffeine poops and it's all downhill from there, folks.

4. Writing things. I feel like I've always been a good writer, but my lyrics and poetry improved drastically after I took a creative writing class in undergrad. I'm way too obsessed with making things sound good, and I totally have a boner for internal rhyme. 

5. Doing nothing. God, if this was a job, I would be the freaking millionaire CEO. I have a lot of friends who will say they feel stressed out and unproductive if they sit around all day. Do you know how I feel? AWESOME. If you don't know what I'm doing, it's safe to assume I'm sitting on my couch and watching netflix. 

6. Music. If I'm not netflixing, I'm musicing. Now, I feel like I'm not a particularly talented singer or guitarist, but I do feel like I write some pretty good songs, and I'm great at playing the piano. I'm also stupid good at sight reading. I don't know why, but it's always come easily to me. Fun fact: I won an award for that shit in my high school choir like three years running. 

7. Theatre things. Another fun Kelly fact: I was the recipient of two acting scholarships. I was in almost every play/musical at my high school and was on the Comedy Improv team all four years. Those were the DAYS, man. I competed in all sorts of acting, and sometimes I even won. 

8. Doom. I've been playing Doom since I was 10 years old and I just got really good at it. I don't like the newer games (idk I just like that whole crappy old graphics thing), but Ultimate Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom are my shiiiiit. 

9. Memorizing things. This definitely helped me back in my theatre days. Now it's just sort of used for useless things such as remembering all of the song lyrics and literally every conversation I've ever had with anyone ever and also probably what the other person was wearing during that conversation. My hippocampus got skillz. 

10. Makeup. You will never know how terrible my skin actually is because I have become professional at making people think it's flawless. Last fun fact: I have acne scarring like crazy and pretty ridiculous rosacea. But my mom is a makeup artist and I spent a whole lot of time just dicking around with things and figuring out how to make my skin look smooth and also skin-colored, as opposed to bumpy and red. 

That's all I have to say and I don't know how to end this so here is a picture of a cow.


1 comment: