Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The good news is I do still have a face

I have a story to tell you. Most likely the last before this becomes a blog of traveling.

So, before I moved in with roommate and suitemates and we all became bffls, I lived in a much different environment, with a girl who we'll call BWCM, for reasons that are irrelevant.

Now, in this room, and indeed in the room I moved into after, I had a great many things hanging on the wall. Photos, posters, cork boards, and also a star light that hung from the ceiling. Sometimes, I would get nervous that the star would fall on me in the night and land on my eyes and blind me with its pointy points of pointiness. Another example of my irrational thinking, I know.

But one fateful night, all my fears came true. It all started at about 4 a.m., when I woke up to the sound of something ripping and my giant poster of the Eiffel tower fell on my face. So I took it down. Then I lay there, trying not to think about how incredibly heavy the framed pictures above my head to the left were. And then I heard more ripping, and one of the framed pictures to the right of my head started coming off. And I just took it all the way off and put it on my desk. 

Then I'm trying to go back to sleep and the freaking star fell down. And it did hit me in the face, but even though it's pointy, it is in fact made of paper and thus no damage was done. Well, no physical damage. But the star falling scared the bejeezus out of me and I went on a rampage, taking down all of my pictures. Except the really heavy ones, which would just NOT come off. But that didn't ease my mind at all. Because the command strips could just be messing with me and they won't pull off, but they would fall in the night and break my nose.

And after all of this, I couldn't go back to sleep. Probably because my adrenaline was still going. And so I got up at 6:30ish and had two extra hours before I had to leave for class so I did mah hurr and mah makeup all purdy and went to class tired, but lookin' gooooood.

Here is the room I shared with BWCM, with all of the posters and pictures still hanging...before that terrible night of terrors that were terrible...

No comments:

Post a Comment