Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Zippy fingers: Travel blog 3

June 26-27

Everyone clap, because Kelly finally felt relatively anxiety free today thus far!! *clap clap clap*

Huzzah! So umm...this whole travel blog thing might end up being way more boring than I thought it would be, cause here's the thing: I'm pretty much just studying. I mean, I know it's study abroad, but I figured I would be going around the city doing stuff after class every day. But after two hours of German class, and two hours of walking around for our culture class, I just want to come back to my home here in Wien. And by the time we get here, it's 6:30 or 7 because of our commute. So I eat dinner, do my homework, shower, and go to bed. (Ich esse Abendessen, mache meine Hausaufgauben, dusche, und gehe ins Bett. For those of you wondering what that is in German....maybe no one. But now you know.)

Also, after our culture class, they tend to just like, leave us to fend for ourselves wherever we visit. So they take us out to some museum like 80 years away and then say, "Ok Tschüss! Have fun finding your way back!" So it takes extra time to get home. Grrrr.

AND. For our culture class, we have to write a paper for every place we go, right? But for some reason, for half (maybe more) of our class days, we have TWO culture excursions. One at 9:30 a.m. (which means getting up at 7, yippee) and one at 3. And we have to write papers for both of them. Kill me. Those are going to be the longest days ever. I asked my teacher about it today and she said we're doubling up because we have two free afternoons at the end of the trip. Which is great, but we double up like eight times, not two.

I know you're a German professor, but come on, that math does NOT add up.

Ok well this was fun I guess. Buddy and I went zum Supermarkt to buy food, and on the way there, I saw all this asphalt that was kind of bubbling up from cracks in the ground. And I figured they were just bumps in the sidewalk.

But then we got in the store and I couldn't freakin' walk cause I was slipping all over the damn place. And I finally looked at the bottom of my shoes and saw this:



Guess the asphalt wasn't dry.

We also ate at this tiiiiny little place that had Döner Kebaps, which is like meat and veggies and goodness. Kinda like a Viennese gyro. And I got mine in a little box, and we were talking to the owner in German about how we were here studying German in Vienna, and that we loved the city, etc. And he brought us out a basket of fresh, warm bread that normally cost like four Euros! For FREEE! How awesome is that?? He was soooo sweet.

Sooooo good.

In the city, one of my roomies and I found this amaaaaazing place to eat lunch during our break between classes called Operncafe (cause it's across the street from die Staatsoper, AKA the state opera house). And I am going to eat there every day until I try all of their sandwiches and tortes and gelatto. For the love of god it is so good. And the lady is beginning to like us : ) and she speaks to us in German and we speak to her in German. Heck yes. Practice makes perfect.

Eatin' mah Walnut Torte!!

Ok. This is dumb. The other day before culture class, I zipped my finger in my purse. That is not a joke. I was zipping it up, and it just zipped the skin right off my knuckle.

Seriously, like, what is my life.

Seriously, who does that happen to?? Gahhh. It hurts like crazy and bled for a billion years. Even in Wien, Österreich, I cannot escape the ridiculous things that happen to me.

Aight folks, it's 10:30 here and I need ta go to bed so I can be up at the ass crack of dawn. Bis später, meine Freunde! Ich vermisse dich, und Knoxville, und ICE IN MY WATER.

K bye.

2 comments:

  1. ouch! Can't wait to eat there WITH you!!! I love you and glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a Tsaltas, that's for sure. Nothing more needs to be said than that. You are most definitely a Tsaltas since Mom/Aunt Penny has done the exact same thing. This has Tsaltas accident written all over it! :-P

    ReplyDelete