Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Gordon and other fiascos involving my condo: OOTD Log #4

I keep having these long breaks between posts. But this time I had a legitimate reason. Everything is wrong with my condo. 

First: We had no wifi. I was reading through my welcome packet and it said they had installed routers in every single unit so the internet would be faster. And we had a card with our username and password. So I signed on...and the Internet wasn't working. And I tried all the things I knew to do with my limited knowledge of ways to fix wifi and finally called Pavlov, the company that does our wifi and cable.

And I made this call as a friend was leaving to come over, because I figured it would take 10 minutes and she would be there in about 15. But I was on the phone with these people for 40 MINUTES. And I talked with one lady for about 30 minutes and tried about 957 different things, and then she finally said, "You have a second-level issue. Let me connect you with my superviser." And then she put me on hold, during which time they played a lovely orchestral rendition of "It's my life" by Bon Jovi. Then a man named Gordon came on and told me that "the fibers going into our router weren't working correctly" and he'd have to send someone out there. And I said, "Tell me something Gordon. Are we the only unit in this area whose fibers aren't working and who don't have wifi?" And he said, "Looks like it."

The universe hates me. As further evidenced by:

Second: We had no hot water. Because the people who lived here before just turned the gas off when they moved out instead of putting it back in my dad's name (he's the owner). Because that makes sense. And I moved in Friday night and the offices were closed over the weekend. And when my dad called yesterday they said they couldn't come until today. So I've been driving to boyfriend's apartment every night to take a shower. Bless him.

Third: My sink doesn't drain correctly. Which is phenomenal. I love washing my face, soaping it up, then leaning over the sink to rinse it off only to have my face met with a giant puddle of water because the entire sink has filled up.

Fourth: The girls that lived in our condo last year were apparently the worst offenders of party rules in the history of Creekside. And they would have been evicted had anyone reported them. But they didn't. And now they live next door. Terrific. I will be that bitch that calls the cops on them. I don't even care. I just like to sleep.

Fifth: Our alarm batteries need replacing. And apparently when this happens, the alarm beeps obnoxiously for a billion years until someone punches a button on it. The alarm decided its batteries needed replacing at 4 o'clock in the morning. 

In addition to the above calamities, I'm PMSing, so all things that suck have their suckage amplified 100 percent. Hormones and anger. It's been one of those...weeks.


2 comments:

  1. OMG! You've been pmsing for a while now...hope it's all fixed by today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use the Force, Kelly.

    You have mastered your fear. Now...unleash your ANGER!

    And I hope that ------ next door gets her comeuppance. Don't tolerate a thing. And if there's trouble, I will intervene as well, because behavior that is bad compromises the value of investments made.

    ReplyDelete