Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012

I had a dream

I am going to start a new thing. A segment, if you will. It is going to be about my ridiculous dreams. (side note: I sliced my finger on a food processor the other day and I'm typing with a band-aid on right now and it's REALLY DIFFICULT) I have hilarious, abnormal dreams. Here is one.

I will call it: 

Powdered Sugar No Eyes Marijuana

In my dream, I had to play this game where I had to blow powdered sugar on all the trees to make it look like it was snowing. So I'm literally holding a flour sifter and turning the handle and my mouth is pressed on the meshy part and I'm blowing powdered sugar through it. And when I finished I looked around like, wow, that really sucked. It just does not look like winter at all. I guess I lost the game. 

And then I went up the hill to some house and my brother was there. He had also lost the game and therefore the game runners took his eyes out. (I think this is because I finished The Quillan Games from the Pendragon series last night, and in the last part of the book, people that lose the games get penalized. Hence: the eye cutting out penalty)

And I was like, whoahhh this is way too much. I need some weed. (side note number two: I do not actually smoke pot. Crack is whack, kids. Or, pot is...not...good.) And so I pulled out my dollar bill that was actually just weed made to look like a dollar bill and lit it on fire and smoked it.

End of dream.

Interpret that, Freud.

WHAT DOES IT MEEEEEAN??

2 comments:

  1. Try checking dreammoods.com. They have some great basics on drea symbols. Look through old journals too, especially if you're going through a huge transition.
    A lot of what you describe in the dream relates to drugs, in one way or another. You've got weed and powdered sugar (maybe crack or powder from a capsule?).
    I wonder if this is about your anxiety and money worries. You're trying to do something right, but you think it sucks. The punishment of your eyes getting cut out could be a metaphor for complete lack of perspective. You are so attached to the issue at hand that you can't see the answer. Your response is to smoke a joint/dollar bill. Marijuana allegedly helps people relax, and is known for increasing appetites. You want to relax and fill you life with what you need. It's no coincidence that the joint is made of money, especially with the economy being poor, the focus of the election being jobs, and the question presented to juniors and seniors: how will I make money after college?
    Overall, I think your dream is saying you need to step back, relax, and change your perspective to escape your anxiety. Please pardon me if my interpretation is sloppy or incoherent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha well most of it sounds legit. The powdered sugar I don't think is a drug symbol though. I should have also mentioned that my roommate was baking like crazy yesterday and there was powdered sugar everywhere

    ReplyDelete