Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Adele. But not.

I have begun writing a parody of Adele's "Someone Like You" that is based on my experience with the sickness over the past few days. It is called, "Something Like Flu." Enjoy eet.

I heard
Ringing in my ears
Cause I'm so congested
And I really can't hear
My word
Feel like I'm gonna puke
Guess I should lay down
And eat a saltine or two
Fever
Why are you so high?
Don't think I can stand up
With a temp of 103.9

I hate to lay here, feeling blue and unrequited
But I can't eat solid food, no, I have to fight it
Please don't look at my face
It's so pale, absent of color
And I feel like I've been run over

Listen doc, I've got
Something like flu
Might need medicine, a shot
Or just some chicken noodle soup
Oh my god, my aching head
Please give me some Sudafed
I just need to sleep and not get out of bed

*That is all I have so far. I would like to note that I was not actually this incapacitated. I just kind of went for what rhymed and generally had to do with the sickness.

Ok well I hope you enjoyed that...have a lovely night then.

No comments:

Post a Comment