Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

Harry Potter and the Girl Who Gave Zero F@$#s.

That is me. I am the girl who gives zero fucks about Harry Potter.

Sorry.

I read the first two and a half books and got bored at some point and said, meh. I'm done. I did see most of the movies, though. Minus the last half of Deathly Hallows.

But anyway, despite my not caring about this series that has swept the world off of its feet and made so many people wait for their Hogwarts letter despite their 11th birthdays being long past, I decided to join Pottermore. I saw roommate on it and thought it looked fun.

So. My name is Holly Rook (actually hollyrook2662, friend me!!) and my wand is beech wood ten and three quarters length brittle with unicorn tail core and I am in Gryffindor which doesn't make any damn sense and I suck, SUCK, at casting spells. I am also relatively bad at finding those chocolate frog collecting card thingies. 

I was confused because I am not brave at all. Well, mildly. But not like, "I STARE BLACK BEARS IN THE FACE AND EAT THEM ALIVE WITH MY ALMIGHTY COURAGE" brave. But suitemates made me feel better by saying that I am brave because I send emails to everyone to tell them that they suck. Or, rather, that it's dumb to have blowers out at 6 a.m. or that parking is dumb or I call maintenance to fix things. But I don't really think that's bravery...that's more just getting shit done. So, if that's what Gryffindors do, then I suppose I belong there. I thought I would be Ravenclaw, but alas.

But I really would be the worst wizard ever because I try to cast these stupid spells and just utterly fail. If it were real I would be waving my wand about in the air like a moron and I would probably accidentally cast a spell that would make everyone turn into mosquitos and bite themselves like they were confused pokemon and Hogwarts would just be a terrible place to be after that. 

Also, the potions are dumb. I always do the first half fine and do something radically wrong in the second half. Actually, I mostly just put too many of the stupid ingredients that come in stupid shakers that you can't stupid shake right because, duh, you're using a MOUSE. Dumb idea, J.K., dumb. So I always accidentally shake out too many and my potion turns green and I cry because it took an hour to freaking brew. 

So yeah, I have difficulty finding things and I lose almost every duel I'm in and my potions have all failed so far, but I am having such fun with this. Seriously. No sarcasm. You should join. And then friend me. And then challenge me to a duel because you'll win and then you'll feel better about yourself. This is my gift to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment